This Notice is issued by Express Mortgage & Loan Sdn Bhd (1395461-K) (“we”, “our”, “us” or “EM Loan”) as a data user pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), and it shall apply to you as a data subject.
For the purposes of this Notice, the expression “personal data”, “sensitive personal data”, “data subject”, “data user” and “data processor” shall have the meaning as defined in the PDPA.
You hereby grant us permission to gather, record, hold, use, store, and/or otherwise handle your sensitive personal data. This consent is valid until you formally revoke it in writing and send it to us.
In the event that you choose not to give, withdraw, or revoke the consent, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to supply any or all of our services to you and to do so immediately.
Your personal data may be gathered, noted, kept, used, or otherwise processed by us in any format, whether digitally or otherwise. We reserve the right to save and send your information to our servers in Malaysia. You agree to the cross-border transmission of your personal information, including sensitive personal information, for the reasons listed below.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to, name, address, copies of identification documents, contact information, account information, employment history, credit report, references checked, marital status, health status, commission or alleged commission of offences, personal financial information, and social security number information. We may also gather, keep, hold, process, and/or dispose of the following data: information about your device, log data, including the date, time, and duration of each visit to our website, browsing history, IP address, cookies, and location data. You have the option to reject the cookies. If you reject the cookies, you might not be able to access some parts or functionalities of our website.
You hereby agree that we may additionally gather, record, hold, use, store, and/or otherwise process information about you from other sources, and you hereby give us your irrevocable agreement to process any information about you that we may need from any sources. Without limiting the generality of the aforementioned, we may obtain your information from any third-party background checks, credit reporting agencies, medical professionals or laboratories, regulatory authorities, agencies, government departments, and any authority (such as BRIM), central depository, or depository agent, and use it for the following purposes:
- to obtain and verify any information about you as we in our sole discretion shall deem fit, including for the purpose of adhering to anti-money laundering laws; and
- to conduct credit checks and/or litigation checks on you; to obtain and verify any information about you as we may in our sole discretion shall deem fit; and
- to disclose any information and data relating to you to the Central Bank of Malaysia, any governmental or regulatory agency or authority, any credit bureau, any credit reporting agency, and any other person to whom disclosure is permitted and
- to discover anything about your health situation; and
- to acquire any data concerning your credit intelligence, profile, and other credit data.
Data processors are any person or organisation who processes personal data on our behalf and/or in our directions but is not a data user. You agree that we may appoint any data processors of our choosing to process your personal and sensitive personal data.
You hereby acknowledge, confirm and consent that we may collect, record, hold, store, use and/or otherwise process your personal data for the following purposes:
- in all matters pertaining to the contract entered or to be entered into between you and us;
- for the purposes of processing your application, request and/or queries;
- for the purposes of providing you with our services;
- to conduct analysis and evaluation of our website and services in order to assist us to improve our website and services;
- monitoring compliance with the agreement and our rules and policies for the time being in force, your access to our website and any other applicable laws;
- complying with the compliance and disclosure requirements of any and all governmental and/or quasi government departments, agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- complying with any legal obligation binding on us under any law, rule, regulation, by-law, order, guideline, directive, policy and such other requirements in force and as amended from time to time;
- enforcing our rights under the agreement and our rules and policies for the time being in force, your access to our website, or any other applicable laws to defend our rights;
- for the purposes of record-keeping in the ordinary course of our business;
- for the purposes of circulating, transmitting and/or delivering to you, by any means (including emails, short messaging services, regular mails and other means), promotional materials (including products, services, new launches, upcoming events, promotions, advertisements, marketing and commercial materials) relating to our services; and
- for any purposes relating to or in connection with our business.
We will keep your personal data confidential within our retention. However, we may share such information with the following parties (referred to as “Third Party”) for the purposes stated below:
- our affiliates and associated companies (whether in Malaysia or other jurisdictions);
- our assignee;
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under law, rule, regulation, by-law, order, guideline, directive, Notice;
- any court and/or officer of the court;
- our auditors, accountants and tax advisers;
- our legal advisers and compliance professionals;
- our banks; and
- our professional advisers, service providers and vendors.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal data you provide to us is accurate, complete, and not misleading. You must keep this personal data up-to-date and promptly inform us if any of the information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or not up-to-date. Furthermore, you must provide us with the true, accurate, complete, and updated personal data.
If you provide us with personal data, sensitive personal data, or information about another person, you confirm that you have been authorised by that individual to act on their behalf, give consent for the processing of their personal data in accordance with this Notice, and receive any data protection notices on their behalf.
We retain the right to modify this Notice at any point, periodically, and any such changes will be communicated to you through written notices or other suitable means. If you do not wish to proceed with the processing of your personal data as per the updated Notice, kindly submit a written revocation of your consent
We will keep your data for the duration necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations or as required by law, and to meet the purposes outlined in this Notice. Once your personal data is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Notice, we will permanently delete or destroy it in accordance with applicable legal, regulatory, and accounting requirements.
Should you wish to request for access to your Personal Information, request for amendment/correction of such Personal Information or provide any feedback to EM Loan on this Privacy Notice, you may contact us at the following address, phone no. and/or e-mail:-
Express Mortgage & Loan Sdn Bhd
No. 11-A, (1st Floor),
Jalan USJ 10/1c,
47620 Subang Jaya,
Email: [email protected]